Intimacy direction lies at the meeting point of theatre, sex education, mental health, and social justice. By using consent-based practices, Angelique, as an intimacy director, can support a director's vision while working within the actors' physical, mental, and emotional boundaries.
Rabbit Hole Intimacy Director Xavier University
Wuthering: A Musical On the Moors Intimacy Director Cincinnati Fringe Festival (2022)
Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom Intimacy Director Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
Romeo and Juliet Intimacy Director Cincinnati Shakespeare Company Tour Co.
Julius Caesar Intimacy Director Cincinnati Shakespeare Company Tour Co.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Intimacy Directors and Coordinators Pathway to Certification, Level One and Level Two (30+ Hours of Training).
- Plus an Additional 8 Hours of Training including Intimacy in Improv, Every Gesture Tells a Story: An Introduction to Physical Storytelling and Intimacy on the Page: The Playwriting of Intimacy.
18+ hours of training with Theatrical Intimacy Education including Best Practices, Trauma-Informed Practices, Foundations in Race, Intimacy and Consent, and Race and Choreography.
Transgender Training Institute
- Building Affirming Work Places as HR Professionals (2021)
- Foundations of Knowledge & Action: Trans 101 (2022)
- Unpacking Stereotypes & Tropes in Media (2022)
Bystander Intervention Training
- Right to Be: Bystander Intervention to Stop Anti-Asian/American and Xenophobic Harassment (2022)
- Right to Be: Conflict De-escalation Training (2022)
Mental Health First Aid Certification (2021)
Psychological First Aid Certification (2021)